Thursday 7 August 2014

Welcome to The Reluctant Vegan

Hi!
Welcome to my little corner of the internet - I do hope you enjoy your stay.
As the title suggests, I'm a vegan, but an incredibly reluctant one.  Vegetarian for around 3 years, vegan for only a few months, it's safe to say i'm finding the jump a challenging one to say the least.
I'm not sure about you, but personally, my biggest problem is finding tasty food, that is good for me and fills me up. I'm a natural foodie and ex-fatty, after all!
For the last few months since making the jump (triggered by my discovery of a dairy intolerance), I've existed of a diet of shredded wheat and almond milk for breakfast, and either dry toast, baked potatoes (or chips) or vegan sausages for dinner. Snacks are now fruit, veg and nuts (as well as the occasional jammy dodger - what? They are vegan, promise you!)
The simple truth is - I'm bored with food, and I want to make it exciting again for myself. I miss being able to treat myself to normal food (and eat out with people without becoming "that" friend that no one wants to go out with because they are the notoriously fussy eater).
So, I wanted to share my experiences, ups, downs, recipes, things that are surprisingly vegan (so far I've discovered jammy dodgers and some brands of bourbons) and gain some support from other people  in the same boat as me.
I'd love to know what you eat, what recipes you use, and how you indulge yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment