Sunday 24 January 2016

Remember Me?

Hello Stranger, long time no see?!

Things have been a little hectic for the last few months - I had an incredible summer 2015, traveling to Bangkok, Rome and Paris, then working every hour of the day to revive my bank balance in time for uni (which wasn't as successful as I had hoped it would be). Since then, I've survived my first term at university as a Law student and put on a considerable amount of weight (whoops). I've also started to row again, which is amazing and I'm loving every second, despite the early starts every weekend, and feeling like your chest is about to explode about three times a week (the other sessions aren't quite as physically demanding).
On the eve of my second term, I thought I'd check in and have a little chat about what I want to achieve food wise this term. So far, I've cooked a meal from scratch twice, existing mainly on peanut butter on toast, chips and coffee. Oh, and quite a lot of alcohol.

This term, my main aim is to manage my time better. I fell into the trap of not getting up until I had to (hardly ever before 10am), napping whenever I wanted and staying up until 4am finishing tutorial prep. It may be a 'typical' uni student lifestyle, but I simply hate feeling like I'm never on top of things and constantly chasing my deadlines. If I can crack this one goal over the next 10 weeks, I'll have accomplished something, and stop me snacking constantly instead of making proper food for myself.

I've never been one to skip breakfast, but I always try and skip lunch, which is quite frankly a dumb move all round. I'm hungriest between 11am and 4pm, so will aim to eat more in these hours, to stop me eating bad foods at dinner, and 11pm bowls of cereal with my flat mates.

My third and final goal is to cut down the amount of coffee I buy. I often use a Starbucks soya latte as meal replacement, and quite frankly, it's expensive. Not to mention the fact that Starbucks don't pay their tax bill... My dad's donated his coffee machine to me, and I will invest in a travel mug to take it to my lectures in!

I think that's quite enough of a challenge to set myself food-wise for the next 10 weeks. I've been bored out of my mind for the last few weeks, itching to be busy again - wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment